Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An unschooler goes to school for the first time...

Education From the Free Eye, by Kevin Snavley
Snippet: "I always wondered in the back of my head what it was like to be there, in a school building all day. How horrible it was to sit there for hours on end being lectured by crazy teachers and doing hours of homework. For a while, around age 12, I always wanted to be on-track with the kids at school. It was probably because I felt stupid or less intelligent than them, which really wasn't the case. They just knew more meaningless facts than I did. It took me until last year to finally realize that, and to truly understand the reasons and joys of unschooling. Why it really is so much better than public school."
Forum Post: An unschooler goes to school for the first time...

No comments: